Culture and sport
We are proud of British culture, history and traditions. Great Britain and the British Empire was a force for good in the world and its achievements should be celebrated. British history should be a core subject in schools and we will create Museum of British History increase the accessibility of our island story.
Understanding history is essential to learn from mistakes and inform good decision making in the future.
We fully support the media freedom and oppose all forms of censorship. We will stop funding of the BBC through the licence fee and seek to provide a level playing field for a diversity of media outlets.
We support the performing arts and will seek to encourage them at all levels.
We believe that competitive sport is essential to provide exercise and build a sense of community.
The Peoples Party will:
- promote British history and culture in schools
- create a Museum of British History
- abolish the BBC licence fee
- abolish political correctness, promote freedom of speech, allow jokes, humour and comment without legal restrictions
- fund the provision of sport at all levels
- support and encourage music, theatre, ballet and opera